- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Donald Trump said last night that the coronavirus was "fading away," even though cases are rising in states across the country.
- The NY Post reports that less than 10 percent of Black Lives Matter protesters came from outside of NYC
- The Times compared Trump and Mayor Bill de Blasio and it did not reflect well on either one of them: "Observers who have closely followed the careers of both Mr. Trump and Mr. de Blasio said the men seemed like bystanders to the historic events unfolding around them."
- Forget Antifa—the far-right extremist "boogaloo bois" has emerged as a real-world threat that the Washington Post writes is "trying to spark violence at largely peaceful protests roiling the nation."
- Remember Woodstock 50 (which never happened)? The organizers are suing their former financial partners Dentsu Group and its affiliates accusing the company of "sabotage" and "destruction of the festival."
- The porn industry is having an overdue reckoning over "industry-wide racism, from white performers’ racism to race-based pay disparities and racist film tropes."
- The pandemic isn't over, but there are plenty of people in NYC acting like it is.
- Somebody captured video of FDNY members setting off fireworks in Brooklyn.
- Actor Danny Masterson has been charged with raping three women in three separate incidents occurring between January 2001 and April 2003.
- The Fiery Furnaces have returned for the first time in over a decade with a new single, "Down At The So And So On Somewhere."
- Phoebe Bridgers' fantastic sophomore album Punisher has been released a day early, go listen now!
- And finally, the heroic pizza squirrel will scale heaven and hell to get a slice back to its family:
Early Addition: Extremist Right Wing "Boogaloo" Group Has Been Trying To Spark Violence At Peaceful Protests
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: