- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Let this be the most disturbing thing we read all day, about Trump's (rejected) border security ideas: "Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down."
- Trump denied that he wanted a "Moot stuffed with alligators and snakes" on Twitter.
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed that he had listened in on Trump’s telephone conversation with the president of Ukraine (despite lying about that on TV).
- An upstate NY mayor went on a tirade to employees over rumors about his sexuality: "There’s a rumor that I’m a homosexual. I get more p***y than anyone here. That I can guarantee. I am not a homosexual.”
- NY1 is feeling a bit saucy about the end of summer.
- Finally, a useful piece of technology: this robot can crank out 300 pizza pies an hour.
- Do you delete your exes from your Instagram after you break up?
- Vox takes a close look at the "not-so-secret" life of a TikTok teen star, which includes this priceless snapshot of high school: "'Perception is reality,' he says. 'Straight facts,' murmurs a sleepy-looking kid. 'Tea,' adds one of Haley’s friends. Quietly, Haley says, 'We’re all living in a simulation anyway.'"
- If you're looking to treat your dog this month, a new dog friendly pop-up is opening in Williamsburg this weekend called "Best Dog Day Ever: Halloween Edition."
- Do you have an ASMR boyfriend yet?
- Listen to "Forgotten Eyes," the fantastic new single from Big Thief.
- A new twist in that disturbing banker-vacationing-in-Caribbean-kills-hotel-worker story: A new autopsy suggests the hotel handyman who died during a fight with a tourist from Connecticut had taken a lethal amount of cocaine.
- And finally, someone is feeling especially grumpy this morning:
Early Addition: Trump Denies Demanding Border 'Moot' Stocked With Alligators, Snakes
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: