- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Times spoke with young denizens of the outer boroughs who took advantage of pandemic rent drops to realize their dreams of moving to Manhattan.
- Price hikes and longer wait times for Ubers and Lyfts have prompted a surge of people to start flagging yellow cabs.
- A Sicilian mobster who murdered at least 100 people was thrown in prison for 25 years after turning on the mafia and cooperating with the cops. But that was 25 years ago, and now that this guy's getting out prison, Italians are rethinking the practice of giving dangerous criminals reduced sentences in exchange for information.
- Some boaters in Texas yesterday came extremely close to tipping over the edge of a dam.
- People are getting inked up again, following long closures for many tattoo parlors during the height of the pandemic.
- Froggyland, a very cute frog taxidermy museum in Croatia that's popular with American tourists, is now being packed up and sold to an American investor because the people of Croatia didn't appreciate it.
- The Euro 2020 soccer tournament finally begins today, in 2021, and a major controversy has erupted in North Macedonia because their team's jerseys are dark red instead of the traditional bright red ("What is this, are we Latvian?"). Anyway, here are all the other jerseys, ranked by ESPN from most to least attractive.
- And finally, the metaphor to end all metaphors:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all