- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Nationwide, COVID-19 cases fell by 16% over the past week, and more than half of American adults have gotten at least one dose of a vaccine.
- The federal government is telling U.S. citizens in India to leave the country as its second wave worsens.
- An Asian-American NYPD detective is suing a protester for hurling racist insults at him at a transgender rights demonstration in March.
- On the island of Gibraltar, which is the size of two Central Parks, 85% of adults are vaccinated, and life appears to be awesome.
- Congrats to the frogmouth for being deemed the world's most Instagrammable bird.
- German police responded to a bomb scare earlier this week after a jogger spotted what appeared to be an unexploded WWII grenade but was actually a butt plug.
- Adam Sandler inadvertently stars in a viral TikTok video of himself being turned away from an IHOP because the wait for a table was too long.
- Fashion influencers say earth-tones like brown are hot right now because "it wouldn’t feel right to wear pink and purple given the year that we’ve had."
- And finally, frogmouth:
Early Addition: Not Even A-List Celebs Can Score A Table At IHOP These Days
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: