- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump was so proud of himself for buying a bunch of shitty fast food to serve the Clemson football team at the White House yesterday, he has lied and inflated the number of "hamberders" he bought multiple times.
- A new Gilette ad challenging viewers to confront issues like toxic masculinity and #MeToo is triggering dummies.
- Wegmans is expected to open its first Brooklyn store this fall.
- Why do celebrities love using the iPhone Notes app to post their public apologies?
- Ethan Hawke and Willem Dafoe have signed up to star in Paul Schrader's next film.
- HOLY SHIT this dude is playing guitar while his hands are on fire.
- Sober musicians—including Steven Tyler, Julien Baker, Ben Harper, Joe Walsh and Trey Anastasio—talked to GQ about how to thrive creatively without drugs or booze.
- Adam Moss is stepping down as editor-in-chief of New York magazine after 15 years.
- Tom Cruise and director Christopher McQuarrie have signed up to film back-to-back Mission Impossible sequels to be released in 2021 and 2022.
- A federal judge has blocked the Trump administration from adding a citizenship question to the 2020 census.
- Netflix is raising prices on US services (the Standard plan is jumping from $10.99 to $12.99 per month).
- RIP Carol Channing.
- Here's why the teachers in LA are on strike.
- And finally, this dog is a few steps away from inventing skateboarding:
"This doggo making its own fun" pic.twitter.com/ATGcsochk3
— Fluff Society (@FluffSociety) January 15, 2019