- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Nancy Pelosi had this to say about Trump's "extremely calm" mood after he stormed out of a meeting with Democrats yesterday and decided to throw an impromptu press conference about Congressional investigations: "I pray for the president of the United States. I wish that his family or his administration or staff would have an intervention for the good of the country."
- Mayor de Blasio is planning on cutting library funding after using the Park Slope branch as a satellite office for years.
- Sending a child to day care can cost more than the average rent or public college tuition in some states—so Vox asked the 2020 Democratic candidates what they would do about it.
- Would you get a massage from a boa constrictor?
- All the post-Terminator 2 sequels have been uniformly terrible, but that doesn't mean we didn't get a kick out of the trailer for Terminator: Dark Fate.
- An upstate New York man was busted for driving with a crudely drawn fake vehicle safety inspection sticker.
- The brilliant Bill Callahan has released six new songs from his upcoming 20-song masterpiece Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest.
- Farhad Manjoo thinks American cities are becoming unlivable because of wealthy liberals.
- Was the Game Of Thrones finale the most hated TV finale ever?
- A man was slashed in the face while waiting for the G train in Brooklyn.
- And finally, it is too tiny:
So sweet and cute puppy … 🐶♥️
… look at his/er tail !! 🤗
( Imgur ) pic.twitter.com/wA70nGfczw
— Stefano S. Magi (@StefanodocSM) May 23, 2019