- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- According to a new survey, New York is the rudest city in the country, and it's not true, but whatever, we're damn proud either way.
- President Trump said a bunch of bizarre stuff about windmills over the weekend at a conference in Florida for conservative college students, ranting about the size of the universe and noting, “I know windmills very much.”
- The NY Times goes back in time to look at the unlikely path Mike Bloomberg took to become mayor of NY.
- A Brooklyn woman went to the doctor with a sore throat—and she came home to a $25,865.24 check from her insurer to give to her doctor.
- The disastrous Cats film has one thing going for it: feline erotica has gone mainstream.
- Baba Ram Dass, a psychedelic pioneer alongside Timothy Leary and later an influential spiritual teacher, has died at 88.
- The Hollywood Reporter has a fun roundtable discussion about movies with Martin Scorsese, Greta Gerwig, Noah Baumbach, Lulu Wang, Todd Phillips and Fernando Meirelles.
- A 36-year-old homeless man lost part of his finger in a fight on the subway Sunday morning.
- Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg has stepped down after the company faced a series of setbacks, including two fatal crashes, delays and numerous issues with its 737 Max airplane.
- Can you identify who these significant public figures are?
- Living on a homemade, self-sufficient island seems pretty sweet.
- And finally, why are you looking at me weird, this is normal:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today