- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- There were nearly 900 incidents last year in which someone was on the subway tracks or was hit by a train after getting too close while on the platform.
- Tom Arnold claimed that The Apprentice creator Mark Burnett "just went apeshit & choked me at this huge Emmy party and then he ran away with his torn Pink shirt & missing gold chain."
- Both Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused him of sexually assaulting her while they were teenagers in high school, say they are willing to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
- A lawyer close to the White House said that Kavanaugh's nomination will not be withdrawn: "No way, not even a hint of it. If anything, it’s the opposite. If somebody can be brought down by accusations like this, then you, me, every man certainly should be worried."
- Sean Penn has a Hot Take on the #MeToo movement he may come to regret: "The spirit of much of what has been the #MeToo movement is to divide men and women."
- Tech billionaire Marc Benioff explained to the Times why he is buying Time Magazine (while getting a massage).
- Check out the first trailer for Mary Poppins Returns.
- Yahoo has a photo gallery of people saving pets and animals after Hurricane Florence.
- The New Yorker tried to get some insight into who Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump's battering ram of a press secretary, really is and what she believes in.
- Mikey Day, Melissa Villaseñor, and Alex Moffat have been promoted from featured to repertory players at SNL, while Chris Redd and Heidi Gardner are also set to return as featured players.
- Coca-Cola is reportedly in talks with Aurora Cannabis to develop a beverage infused with CBD.
- And finally, I caught you looking at me:
Excuse me 😂
📹: donathanwalters pic.twitter.com/UZqlI3XVYG
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) September 17, 2018