- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Did the Times really confirm that we've been visited by UFOs, or was that something I dreamed after polishing off a tray of hot dogs over the weekend?
- ESPN goes inside the absolute disaster that was the Lakers 2.0, led by Rob Pelinka and Magic Johnson.
- The Supreme Court upheld an Indiana state law that required fetal remains to be buried or cremated—but it sidestepped a larger abortion question, turning down an effort to reinstate the law’s strict abortion limits.
- A minor-league baseball team in California, the Fresno Grizzliez, apologized after it showed an image of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez alongside a photo of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as the voice of President Ronald Reagan warned of "enemies of freedom" in a video that was shown during Memorial Day at their ballpark.
- Incels are going under the knife to get plastic surgery to reshape their faces and improve their dating lives.
- A man was stabbed at the Bryant Park subway platform, reportedly during a fight over money.
- Trump has made rolling back environmental regulations a cornerstone of his anti-science administration, and there's more to come: "In the next few months, the White House will complete the rollback of the most significant federal effort to curb greenhouse-gas emissions, initiated during the Obama administration."
- Here are some tips on how to spot deepfakes.
- In case you missed the Game Of Thrones documentary this weekend, here are some takeaways about the final season.
- Trump thinks that African-Americans won’t vote for Joe Biden in 2020 because the former vice president backed the controversial 1994 Crime Bill...conveniently avoiding/forgetting the fact that Trump demanded the death penalty for the wrongly accused Central Park Five.
- The Times has an adorable story about left-coiled snails just trying to have it all.
- And finally, did you take part in the ceremonially hunt this weekend?
i'm so jealous of this kid
(gffkennel IG) pic.twitter.com/DROdEwDQmU
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) May 25, 2019