- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Donald Trump’s campaign has disavowed lawyer Sidney Powell whose wild, false claims of voter fraud were too extreme even for them.
- Carl Bernstein named 21 Republican Senators who have been privately condemning Trump while keeping quiet publicly.
- Joe Biden is expected to appoint Antony Blinken, who previously served in the Obama administration as deputy secretary of state and principal deputy national security adviser, to serve as secretary of state.
- Slate looks at the psychology behind being "over" COVID-19: "Many people are making decisions about their behavior based on their personal moral compasses and not necessarily based on whether those decisions will hurt other people."
- Hundreds of bodies are still being stored in freezer trucks at a disaster morgue set up at the Brooklyn waterfront during the city's coronavirus surge in the spring.
- NYC paramedics, doctors, and hospital staff are reportedly feeling "overwhelmed" by the surge of shooting victims in 2020.
- Whoa: a 14-year-old built Manhattan out of freestyle Legos.
- The Times names its 10 favorite books of 2020.
- Radiohead is auctioning off Thom Yorke's "Lotus Flower" hat for charity.
- Phoebe Bridgers covered Merle Haggard’s classic Christmas song “If We Make It Through December.”
- And finally, mini horse alert!
Early Addition: Trump Campaign Disavows Lawyer Whose Election Fraud Lies Were Just Too Crazy
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: