- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Good subway announcement: "Just because you have a MetroCard doesn’t mean you’re entitled to lean on the door and keep the doors from closing."
- Finally: An ATM in India dispenses gold and diamonds.
- The department trial of the police officers who fatally shot Sean Bell begins.
- Marika Hargitay's baby daughter is a super adorable Halloween pumpkin.
- Also just in time for Halloween: Vampire ID chart.
- Is the value of small business exaggerated?
- Bronx parents are convinced schools will remain overcrowded.
- Vigilante hackers are going after underground kiddie porn.
- Republicans okayed Leon Panetta to be Defense Secretary because he's hawkish and tough-talking.
- Will colorful ads convince people to buy newspapers?
Early Addition: MetroCards Don't Mean You Can Break Subway Rules
Recent in News
Featured in News
Gov. Kathy Hochul and Mayor Eric Adams are ordering flags at half-staff in memory of those lost.
Read More In: