- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Loose, sleepy snakes on a plane alert.
- To rub salt on the wounds: Rex Tillerson didn't even want to be Secretary of State, his wife convinced him he had to do it.
- Don't feel bad about eating butter!
- Melissa McCarthy is watching you very closely Sean Spicer.
- Here's how Spicey lost his credibility (SPOILER ALERT: he lied a lot).
- Dave Chappelle explains why he has a no camera/cell phone policy at his shows.
- The concept of a Swedish utopia is a lie.
- Twenty years after the Heaven's Gate suicides, you can still buy the victim's discontinued Nike shoes—at a hell of a markup.
- Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance Putin's interests a decade ago.
- Millennials are increasingly skipping doctor visits because of the cost.
- Gong Show creator / CIA assassin Chuck Barris has died at the age of 87.
- Support for Trumpcare has hit a new low.
- And finally, this puppy needs to be a part of his owner's workout:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today