- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Revisit some of Seth Meyers' best SNL sketches before he hosts this weekend.
- Melania Trump was asked about Trump's many affairs: "It is not concern [sic] and focus of mine. I'm a mother and a first lady, and I have much more important things to think about and to do."
- The Times dissects a typical Trump rally as if it were a play.
- Writer Stephen Elliott, who was named on the Shitty Media Men list last year, has sued its creator Moira Donegan for $1.5 million in damages for libel and emotional distress. Here's how you can help Donegan with her legal fees.
- Beto O'Rourke had the single largest fundraising quarter in a Senate race ever with more than $38 million in the third quarter of 2018, and he's got Spoon covering The Clash at his rallies...and he still might lose to Ted Cruz.
- The NY Times has an interactive map showing every building in America.
- Find out why 23 newly appointed master sommeliers were stripped of their titles.
- The street sign for Walter Becker Way at the corner of 112th Street and 72nd Drive in Forest Hills, Queens—in honor of the late Steely Dan co-founder Walter Becker—will be unveiled on October 28th.
- Democrats are starting to get fed up with the "when they go low, we go high" messaging.
- Times readers were none-too-pleased with a report earlier this week claiming dogs weren't exceptional: "My dog once faked a limp in an attempt to get some pizza. You will never convince me he’s not a genius."
- Unironic headline of the week: "How Punk Rock Can Revitalize Human Resources."
- Here's why so many think Kevin Durant might sign with the Knicks eventually.
- And finally, this my sock now:
sorry, dis my sock now 🧦😬
(📹: sugarbearthebully) pic.twitter.com/D0am08wL54
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) October 12, 2018