- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Check out the first trailer for Netflix's Outlaw King, which stars Chris Pine as Robert the Bruce.
- There's a beautiful, toxic slime blanketing parts of Florida's Gulf Coast.
- Melania Trump spoke out against cyberbullying as part of her Be Best campaign, warning against "destructive and harmful" uses of social media.
- Some of the people who were humiliated by Sacha Baron Cohen in Who Is America? want to sue him, but they almost certainly signed releases so good luck with that.
- Nicki Minaj is a little sore that she didn't have the number one album in the country this week.
- The bailout might be over, but it will take awhile for things in Greece to get back to normal.
- As nationwide legalization gets closer and closer to reality, more and more Americans are reporting near-constant cannabis use.
- The NY Times gave a rousing endorsement of Zephyr Teachout for Attorney General: "The most important choice facing New York voters this fall is whom they will pick as their next state attorney general. The office could be the last line of defense against an antidemocratic president, a federal government indifferent to environmental and consumer protection and a state government in which ethics can seem a mere inconvenience."
- Best romcom ever: Winona Ryder thinks that her and Keanu Reeves have been married for 25 years.
- Did Tom Waits steal Jack White's watch?
- And finally, this is both majestic and stressful (but the dog was fine, don't worry):
the little adventurer
📹: luna_anita_engadin pic.twitter.com/NqO7XySMgT
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) August 20, 2018