- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Have you seen Trump's racist midterms ad? It really sucks!
- Topic counts down the 60 pettiest feuds of all time.
- The Cut has a grand dividing theory of Doritos: "There are two types of women in this world. One prefers Nacho Cheese Doritos, the other Cool Ranch."
- Google is facing an internal backlash over its handling of sexual harassment and its workplace culture, and here is but one painful anecdote: "[Founder Sergey] Brin tried to recall the name of a woman he had recently met at a company event who had impressed him, the people said. Mr. Page eventually reminded Mr. Brin that the woman’s name was Gloria Steinem."
- Bernie Sanders: Trump is the "most racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted president in history."
- The Times reports on how the anti-Semitic vilification of George Soros went mainstream.
- If you care about treating your stomach right, check out Melissa Clark's delicious Thanksgiving guide.
- What's more important: travel or sex?
- This little girl who went trick-or-treating in a flowered dress carrying her own bloodied severed head on a plate had one of the best costumes we saw yesterday.
- Al Roker explained to racists on Twitter why dressing up as a white character is different than putting on blackface.
- Police in Tennessee say a partially-naked woman fell TWICE through a restaurant’s ceiling and landed in its kitchen.
- Listen to Carly Rae Jepsen's new single.
- And finally, HI THERE!
Wave good bye to Otis 😭 👋
📹: _otisthefrenchbulldog_ pic.twitter.com/OK44W0s9Bs
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) November 1, 2018