- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump’s top aides considered an idea to pressure immigration agencies to release apprehended migrants into so-called sanctuary cities represented by Democratic lawmakers.
- According to The Atlantic's interesting but way-too-generous Ivanka Trump profile, she thinks she is going to be able to re-enter New York society after the end of the Trump presidency. It also includes this quote: "The only unpardonable sin in New York society is poverty."
- Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed that Star Wars: Episode IX will be the final Star Wars movie before a “hiatus” of the series for an unspecified amount of time: "There are movies in development, but we have not announced them. But I think we are going to hit pause and take some time and reset, because the Skywalker Saga comes to an end with this ninth movie."
- The Pentagon's new policy barring most transgender people from serving in the military unless they serve under their biological sex took effect today, and advocates are condemning the Trump administration for it.
- Bizarre headline of the day: "Kristin Cavallari Says Jay Cutler Unclogged Her Milk Ducts By 'Sucking Harder Than He's Ever Sucked.'"
- For a monthly subscription fee, the virtual-reality program Ovation grants glossophobes unlimited practice speaking before simulated crowds to help overcome their fear of public speaking.
- The Daily Beast argues that Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin should lose his office and go to prison if he doesn't release Trump's taxes: "The law is clear, and it leaves no wiggle room. The consequences for breaking it include removal from public office and up to five years in prison."
- If you're not burnt out on GOT content, here is an amusing piece about the most Games Of Thrones-y names.
- The NY Times Magazine has a feature about the perverse ways businesses can profit from climate change when there's no will to stop it.
- The city of Chicago has filed a civil lawsuit against Jussie Smollett because he allegedly purposely tried to mislead authorities by falsely describing the men he claimed attacked him as white.
- All-day Chelsea restaurant the Wilson has debuted a dog-friendly menu (aka, a menu for humans that is safe for dogs to eat too), including a 16-ounce grilled ribeye steak ($42), pan-roasted salmon ($28), and grilled chicken breast ($16).
- And finally, look at this floppy good boy!
You can do it!!🤗 pic.twitter.com/zXC4idN5H9
— puppybowl (@puppybol) April 11, 2019