- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Billy Dee Williams will bring back Lando for Star Wars: Episode IX.
- Trump's big televised Supreme Court nomination last night was nothing but empty theater.
- Back from vacation, Jimmy Kimmel denied Trump's claim that he fawned all over the president: "That never happened. It’s a funny thing. We all know, even the people who like the president know he makes things up, but still, it’s weird to hear him tell a lie that specifically involves you."
- The Ringer has an oral history of the brilliant Step Brothers, the funniest, most exhausting movie of the 21st century.
- A mother and daughter were hassled by US customs over having different last names.
- Can we learn anything from analyzing Tiffany Trump's Instagram?
- When celebrities "clap back" at regular social media users, things can get very messy very quickly.
- Drinking eight cups of coffee a day could help you live longer and/or drive you nuts.
- The male CEO of viral clothing company Feminist Apparel fired his entire staff after they discovered he's an admitted sexual abuser and confronted him about it.
- Executive Editor Dean Baquet admits maybe the NY Times went overboard with their Alan Dershowitz coverage.
- And finally, who wants to go for a dip today?
Live look of me at the pool this summer 😂🏊♀️
📹: abby_thepinkpiggy pic.twitter.com/6Ff2SNqpq5
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) July 9, 2018