- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi has told Trump to reschedule his Jan. 29th State of the Union address or deliver it to Congress in writing unless the government reopens this week. There's now some confusion over whether this was an order or a request.
- WeWork's CEO Adam Neumann has been buying buildings & then renting them back to WeWork. The WSJ reports that his board voted against one such transaction, but then he gained control of the board in a funding round, and ever since then the board has approved it.
- Here's a personal piece about growing up with a rare hereditary genetic mutation that causes premature physical changes.
- Members of more than half a dozen protest groups descended on Sony Music's Manhattan headquarters this morning to demand the label drop R. Kelly.
- Two women were captured on video twerking on top of a white SUV as it was driving on the highway, as one does.
- Former NY Times Executive Editor Jill Abramson is getting pilloried on Twitter for several errors and inaccuracies in her forthcoming book.
- Headline of the day: "There’s a Huge Ice Disk in a Maine River. No, the Aliens Aren’t Coming."
- Oh boy, that Instagram influencer who cancelled her scammy tour after a backlash has now un-cancelled the tour to spite her haters.
- Karen Pence will teach art part time at a Christian school in the Washington suburbs that does not allow gay students, parents or employees to be part of its community.
- Eater took a tour of restaurants filled with headshots from The Sopranos.
- Julia Roberts will not be starring in season two of Homecoming which...huh.
- And finally, nothing is better than a good wrastle:
No, I'm stronger. pic.twitter.com/EMjwWlnlF6
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) January 16, 2019