(Flickr User Alec Tabak)
- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Madonna is performing at the Super Bowl for all her dedicated NFL fans.
- You can't miss the East Village IHOP—its got a three-story high sign.
- Senator Chuck Schumer better hope his wife doesn't see these photos of him on the PPW bike lane!
- Congressional Rep. Yvette Clarke of Brooklyn spent nearly $35,000 on local travel for the first six months of the year, more than any other House member.
- Rockefeller University scientist Ralph Steinman won the Nobel Prize... three days after he died.
- Half of Republicans don’t know what ‘G.O.P.’ means.
- In what some are calling an architectural tragedy, I.M. Pei’s modernist National Airlines Terminal at JFK airport is being demolished. At press time, I.P. Freely could not be reached for comment.