- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump is reportedly angry at Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for not blocking the testimony of State Department workers during the Impeachment hearings.
- Joe Biden won't support legalizing marijuana on the federal level because there is not “enough evidence” as to “whether or not it is a gateway drug.”
- Trump no longer gives a shit about a flavored vaping ban, especially when votes are on the line.
- Newsday used undercover "testers" of various ethnicities to reveal that Long Island real estate agents are pretty racist: "Long Island’s dominant residential brokering firms help solidify racial separations. They frequently directed white customers toward areas with the highest white representations and minority buyers to more integrated neighborhoods."
- Pete Buttigieg has become very popular in Iowa.
- Hannibal Buress pretended to be MF Doom during this weekend’s Adult Swim Festival.
- The Times profiled grassroots criminal justice organization Decolonize This Place.
- Check out the first trailer for Avenue 5, Armando Iannucci’s upcoming HBO comedy set on a vacation ship in space.
- Slate compiled a list of the 50 best nonfiction books of the last 25 years.
- CBS News has learned that San Diego billionaire Doug Manchester, Trump's nominee for ambassador to the Bahamas, was asked by the Republican National Convention to donate half a million dollars to Trump's reelection campaign, which certainly sounds like pay-for-play.
- Brian Cox had a tense meeting with the CEO of Big Cookie HQ, Cookie Monster.
- Kanye West has announced...an opera?...named after the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar.
- And finally, GREAT MOVIE, VERY COMPELLING, WOULD WATCH AGAIN:
Early Addition: Investigation Reveals Deep Discrimination Among Long Island Real Estate Agents
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: