- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump's State Of The Union address was a litany of his own delusions. The Democratic women in white stole the show.
- Trump vented to reporters prior to his State Of The Union address in a classic Trump whine session: "Trump dismissed former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. as 'dumb,' called Senator Chuck Schumer of New York a 'nasty son of a bitch' and mocked Gov. Ralph Northam of Virginia for 'choking like a dog.'"
- The glamorous life of a yacht influencer is, perhaps unsurprisingly, pretty lonely.
- The NYPD warns officers to be on the lookout for sneaker guns.
- Here's a must-read piece on the porta-potty king of NYC.
- Spotify has acquired Gimlet Media and Anchor to boost its podcast credentials.
- BuzzFeed has an intense story about a young woman who was killed after she got involved with two hackers "who introduced her to a dark new world of digital manipulation, suspicion, paranoia, and fear."
- NYC's push to admit more black and Hispanic students to its elite high schools has provoked strong emotions from Asian-American graduates—here’s what they have to say.
- Ikea is planning on offering furniture rentals.
- Beto O'Rourke says he is really thinking hard about 2020.
- Patreon's CEO says that the company's business model is not sustainable.
- The Rapture have reunited and will play a show in Williamsburg in April.
- And finally, is this real life or dog Inception:
When they all wake up from their nap at once... pic.twitter.com/R8AGzgVoDB
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) February 6, 2019