- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Things sound like they are going just swell over in the White House today.
- Trump is apparently already souring on incoming chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, because he accurately called Trump "a terrible human being" during the campaign.
- Check out the '90s throwback trailer for the final season of Kimmy Schmidt.
- Caity Weaver goes on a journey in an attempt to understand what is glitter anyway.
- Timeless obit of the week: "Oregon Zoo otter, known for slam dunking and self-pleasuring, dies at age 20."
- Here is a nomination for best short film of the year.
- The woman who coined "big dick energy" reflects on her very viral 2018: "It sucks because I made zero dollars from it. Well, almost zero."
- After he told someone to "kill yourself" this week, State Senator Kevin Parker says he’ll take mental health classes.
- CBS apparently wants to reboot Beverly Hills, 90210 with the original cast.
- Very Precocious Children are using powerpoint to ask their parents for dogs and other things.
- Uproxx has an oral history of the classic SNL sketch "Christmastime For The Jews."
- Zach Fuentes, the deputy WH chief of staff, maneuvered to secretly “hide out” on payroll past John Kelly’s ouster and get Coast Guard retirement rules changed for his personal benefit.
- And finally, it's time for today's awoo lesson:
Teaching the awooooos!! pic.twitter.com/TzmgBAq1Xw
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) December 21, 2018