- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Last week, Mike Pence wrote that there wasn't a COVID-19 "second wave" and the media had "overblown" the pandemic. Yesterday, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro said that the Trump administration is actively preparing for a second wave of coronavirus infections. And today, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow, the guy who said the virus was contained in February, said there is no second wave of the pandemic coming.
- Things are not going swell in Florida: the state is on track to hit 100,000 coronavirus cases today.
- Zoomers disrupted the Trump rally! Teens are going to save us all! [Gets Handed A Note] I regret to inform you that Gen Z is "obsessed" with the discredited pizzagate conspiracy theory on TikTok.
- NY Magazine boils down how people feel about Mayor Bill de Blasio at this point: "The election to replace de Blasio is about to begin in earnest, and it appears to be a contest of who can criticize the mayor the most. He faces a growing rebellion at City Hall, upheaval in the streets, a pandemic, and police unions that are more irate than ever. He has lost the confidence of his own staff, his own law enforcement, and by all accounts his own city, and he still has 18 months to go."
- When will overnight subway service resume? Don't hold your breath just yet.
- John Oliver looked at how dire the situation has been for the vulnerable incarcerated population during the pandemic.
- Fireworks may have started a fire that destroyed a three-story apartment building in Yonkers, injuring 12 firefighters and leaving six families homeless.
- The Times takes a closer look at 12 women who are under "serious consideration" to be Joe Biden's running mate.
- The filmed version of Hamilton will premiere on Disney+ on July 3rd.
- Here we go again: Mamma Mia creator Judy Craymer says she's hoping to complete the Mamma Mia film trilogy.
- Guitar wizards Cass McCombs and Steve Gunn teamed up for two-song 7″, including a cover of Michael Hurley's "Sweet Lucy" and the traditional “Wild Mountain Thyme.”
- And finally, this is a pretty accurate metaphor for hot summer days:
Early Addition: Gen Z Is "Obsessed" With Discredited Pizzagate Conspiracy Theory On TikTok
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: