- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- My Bloody Valentine frontman Kevin Shields thinks Britpop was a government conspiracy: "Britpop was massively pushed by the government."
- People are willingly taking feces-filled pills to cure terrible gut infections caused by the germ Clostridium difficile.
- Jon Stewart reasonably called Republicans responsible for the government shutdown "self-righteous Orwellian zebra queefs."
- An MTA worker saved a legally blind man who fell on the subway tracks.
- Relive the history of Twitter through pithy NY Times descriptions of it.
- A Brooklyn mom is suing her former boss for forcing her to accompany him to the bathroom.
- Actor Paul Giamatti has a favorite subway line.
- Bronx residents are being terrorized by giant raccoons.
- The NY Times takes a moment to tackle the afro.
- And finally, this otter thinks he's a dog:
Early Addition: Jon Stewart Calls Republicans "Self-Righteous Orwellian Zebra Queefs"
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: