- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Here is a revealing clip of Trump during his ABC interview getting flustered by his chief of staff coughing.
- Five years ago, a Malaysia Airlines plane vanished into the Indian Ocean. In a longread on the incident, The Atlantic reports that officials on land know more about why than they dare to say.
- Ahh, who could forget that annual high school tradition of students taking home robot babies.
- If you report a bad poll to Trump, your job will probably be in jeopardy.
- Here's some subway nail art inspiration for ya (and here's the person responsible for it).
- John Oliver used most of last night's Last Week Tonight to argue that it's time to impeach Trump: "I know it’s easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reined Trump in so far, but I will say this: Every asshole succeeds until finally they don’t," Oliver said. "Look, I can’t guarantee that impeachment will work out the way that you want it to because it probably won’t, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not worth doing. Because if nothing else, we’d be standing by the basic fundamental principle that nobody is above the law."
- An accidental cat filter derailed the live stream of a Pakistani politician's press conference.
- Do you know where your recycled plastic actually goes?
- Comedian and writer Dean Obeidallah has been awarded $4.1 million in a lawsuit he filed against The Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website that published a false article about him in 2017.
- A marathon swimmer who disappeared during a 120-mile race in the Hudson River has been confirmed dead by his family.
- Here's a fun thought experiment of the day: what extinct animal would have made the best pet?
- And finally, bark softly and carry a big stick:
This "branch manager" is doing a heck of a job !! 🐶😃👍🏼
( paschi_cam IG ) pic.twitter.com/yPWW6cibjJ
— Stefano S. Magi (@myworld2121) June 17, 2019