- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Joe Biden apparently is inching closer to running for president in 2020, because he thinks he's the Democrats' best hope to defeat Trump: "If you can persuade me there is somebody better who can win, I’m happy not to do it," he said according to a Democrat he spoke to. "But I don’t see the candidate who can clearly do what has to be done to win."
- The Church of Satan praised Christian Bale's Golden Globes win after the Vice actor thanked Satan in his acceptance speech.
- In an interview with 60 Minutes last night, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez didn't hesitate to say that Trump is racist, which more than half the country agrees with.
- M Night Shyamalan reflects on his tumultuous career and his upcoming film Glass with Vulture.
- A Scotch Plains, N.J. turkey attacked a mailman, but the federal shutdown is keeping the bird from being put down.
- Malcolm Gladwell wrote about pot for The New Yorker which is surely the dorkiest thing you'll read today.
- The Guardian thinks Adam Schiff, the new chairman of the House intelligence committee, could be a bigger threat to Trump than Mueller.
- "Fiji Water Girl" Kelleth Cuthbert became the first meme of 2019 at the Golden Globes last night.
- Check out the first footage from the upcoming new seasons of Game Of Thrones, Watchmen, VEEP, Big Little Lies, and more HBO shows.
- Vox has a crazy article about the aggressive hospital billing practices of a San Francisco hospital.
- The Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month. (But don't worry, she can still work from home.)
- Dirt Candy owner Amanda Cohen has applied for a liquor license for a new "fast-casual restaurant" in Tribeca.
- The best way to remembers things is to draw a picture.
- And finally, look at these playful friends:
best friends 😍 pic.twitter.com/EVai8zUb07
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) January 7, 2019