- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Joe Biden, who says people are begging him to 'save the world,' officially announced that he is running for president.
- Bruce Springsteen has finally announced his new album Western Stars, which he's been teasing for over a year and a half, will be out June 14th. The record is inspired by "Southern California pop records of the late ’60s and early ’70s," and Springsteen writes, "this record is a return to my solo recordings featuring character-driven songs and sweeping, cinematic orchestral arrangements."
- Trump vowed to fight "all the subpoenas" brought by Congress, just like any totally innocent president would.
- Are you a hand dryer person or a paper towel person?
- Apparently, there are only five shows that unite everyone across political lines: Democrats and Republicans all love America’s Funniest Home Videos, Bones, Criminal Minds and Mythbusters, and they all hate-watch Pawn Stars.
- Rami Malek will play a villain and Phoebe Waller-Bridge was confirmed as one of the writers of the next (still-untitled) Daniel Craig-starring James Bond film.
- Did Trump print out tweets to show Jack Dorsey during their White House meeting this week? Vice investigates.
- A 88-year-old woman's Life Alert may have saved her life as she was being attacked in her Brooklyn home yesterday.
- Martin Shkreli has been transferred out of his low-security prison and hauled back to Brooklyn after a report he was still running his business and tweeting with a contraband cell phone.
- The cannabis industry has become one of the country’s fastest-growing job sectors.
- Locals complained to the Post that Momofuku’s latest venue, Kawi in Hudson Yards, is upsetting them with its strict reservation policy: "Shame on them for turning away multiple people when [the restaurant is] empty — just because they didn’t have a reservation."
- And finally, THIS GREAT SHOW, LET ME GET CLOSER:
Chino enjoys watching Planet Earth 🐶📺 pic.twitter.com/64eZdDy4ze
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) April 21, 2019