- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Ja Rule told TMZ that "in the midst of chaos there's opportunity," and he still wants to throw an "iconic music fest."
- Kenny G told Rolling Stone how his Kanye West Valentine's Day surprise came together—including the fact that the whole thing didn't come up until 11 p.m. the night before V-Day.
- Yup, Trump declared a national emergency so that he can finally give himself the gift of a border wall. On the plus side, he may have shot himself in the foot when the legal battle starts, because he said, "I could do the wall over a longer period of time. I didn't need to do this. But I would rather do it much faster."
- Also: Trump really does speak like a second grader.
- This dude pretended that a date stood him up at Outback Steakhouse on Valentine’s Day to see if people would pay for his tab (they did), and I don't think he realizes that he does not come across very well.
- A totally cool and normal new trend is Big Pharma partnering with Instagram influencers to hock new drugs and medical supplies.
- 21 Savage gave his first interview since being detained by ICE and said he believes he was "definitely targeted" by authorities: "They didn’t say nothing. They just said, ‘We got Savage.’"
- Police are questioning two brothers who are suspects in the attack on Empire star Jussie Smollett—the brothers' attorney claims they knew Smollett from working on the show.
- Here's a great interview with Meg Ryan about her career, her relationship with Nora Ephron, and the pitfalls of fame.
- People keep dying while taking selfies at wondrous outdoor locations, so Ireland is looking into installing "selfie seats" at certain dangerous spots.
- And finally, there is a corn stalker on the loose:
The Corn Stalker strikes! pic.twitter.com/MQIeGtqZCr
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) February 15, 2019