- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Times breaks down Trump's conciliatory, weak meeting with Kim Jong Un yesterday.
- Trump told ABC News that he "trusts" Kim Jong Un, and said this about the dictator who starves, tortures, and rapes his people: "His country does love him. His people, you see the fervor. They have a great fervor."
- David Simon wrote a loving tribute to Anthony Bourdain and a drunken night out in NYC a few months ago.
- Here's what a nuclear attack in NY might look like.
- Roseanne apologized to George Soros over her terrible Nazi comments.
- U2 dedicated "Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of" to Anthony Bourdain and "his friends and family" at the Apollo last night.
- Alec Baldwin is convinced he could beat Trump if he ran for president: "If I ran, I would win. I would absolutely win."
- Atlanta writer and producer Stephen Glover said the show will have more female-centric stories in season three.
- Is this the most extreme out-of-office message?
- Lorraine Gordon, who took over the Village Vanguard in 1989 and ran it for the rest of her life, has died.
- Amazon has made a straight-to-series order of an adaptation of the NY Times' long-running "Modern Love" column.
- And finally, this cat's whole world has been shaken:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today