- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Boston accents aren't sexy, but apparently this survey of sexy American accents disagrees.
- The Alabama Senate approved a measure that would outlaw almost all abortions in the state, including cases of rape or incest, and criminalizes the procedure for doctors (who could face up to 99 years in prison), setting up a direct challenge to Roe v. Wade.
- Despite the fact that he has lost billions in bad deals and bad management, Trump is still perceived to be a "successful businessman" by a majority of voters.
- Check out the trailer for three new episodes of Black Mirror, coming next month.
- A billboard worker suffered a fractured back and a concussion after falling from a Celino & Barnes sign in Brooklyn.
- A treasure trove of "lost" Weegee crime scene photos has been uncovered.
- Top state lawmakers are dropping efforts to pass a bill that would legalize marijuana in New Jersey—instead, they will ask voters in November 2020 to amend the state Constitution to make weed legal.
- The Ringer breaks down Keanu Reeves' career: "A guide to the greatest actor of his generation who we don’t take seriously enough."
- Rick and Morty season four will premiere on Adult Swim in November.
- The NY Times Magazine grapples with CBD.
- The number of babies born in the U.S. in 2018 fell to the lowest level in 32 years.
- And finally, boop to wag:
press nose to activate tail
(redditor : u/RollDreams) pic.twitter.com/M6xkC7uuTZ
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) May 15, 2019