- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump finally (sorta) admitted that a Trump Tower meeting between top campaign aides and a Kremlin-connected lawyer during the 2016 campaign was to get dirt of Hillary Clinton.
- John Oliver had no patience for Trump's lies about his son Don Jr.: "Perhaps the most galling lie in there is describing Donald Jr. as a ‘wonderful son.' That is just flagrantly false! He’s barely even the most wonderful Donald Trump."
- NY Magazine looks back at the cultural and psychological impact left by the 2008 financial crisis.
- For a rapidly growing share of aging Americans, bankruptcy is becoming the new norm.
- BuzzFeed did a deep dive into the world of QAnon and have some radical thoughts to share.
- Streetsblog took a closer look at the anatomy of a busted bus lane.
- Beyoncé discussed Coachella, motherhood, body acceptance and more in an interview featured in her Vogue issue—check out the photos as well.
- Should Manhattan have its own beach?
- This is a travesty: Chicago will be the site of the US Pizza Museum.
- Watch the first trailer for the very trippy upcoming Cary Joji Fukunaga/Jonah Hill/Emma Stone series Maniac, which is all about "multi-reality brain magic shit."
- Better Call Saul, one of the best shows on TV, returns tonight, so read an interview with co-creator Vince Gilligan.
- And finally, the happy dog days of summer are here:
NO BAD DAYS 😁🤣🤣
📹 macaronijunior pic.twitter.com/zdffCD0Eo8
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) August 5, 2018