- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A British law student died in an Ibiza hotel room after five bags of MDMA pills exploded in her stomach.
- House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes is threatening to hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray in contempt of Congress if they do not turn over documents related to the infamous Russia dossier.
- Here's another fun update about how some billionaires are eager for civilization to collapse to they can withdraw into their tax-free post-regulatory luxury secure enclaves.
- The NY Times visits Jamestown, New York, Lucille Ball's hometown and the future home of the comedy Hall of Fame.
- Houston's flooding was so heavy it pressed the Earth's crust down.
- The lights for the 9/11 Tribute in Light are being tested.
- Here's a timely map based on data analyzed by the journal Science showing how much climate change is currently expected to cost every county in the United States.
- The Village Voice review of the new IT film takes the cake for headline of the day (so far).
- First We Feast has a list of the best sandwiches in NYC "for every budget."
- And finally, here's how it goes trying to catch a bat in Ireland, documented in a video that the Observer deems "a work of art":
Early Addition: Irishman Frantically Battles Bat For Your Viewing Pleasure
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: