- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- New COVID-19 cases have hit a nationwide low not seen since last June.
- Axios published some distressing time-lapse heat maps showing how human sprawl has dramatically cut the amount of space where Brood X cicadas emerge.
- Speaking of the brood, people are building intricate monsters out of dead cicada shells.
- If you're adopting an eco-friendly no-beef diet by just eating more chicken, you've got the wrong idea.
- Towns in South Korea are fighting over who gets to house the Samsung family's $2.2 billion art collection, which they're unloading in order to reduce their tax bill.
- Florentine jewelers are pining for Americans to come back and buy their gold necklaces.
- Bloomberg sees your treadmill desk and raises you a home office trampoline.
- Chi Modu, a legendary New York City hip hop photographer who got his start with the New York Amsterdam News, has died at 54.
- ICYMI: North Korea banned skinny jeans.
- And finally, it's Monday go assert yourself!:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today