- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Great Barrier Reef coral bleaching has reached "the terminal stage."
- Mayor de Blasio's former press secretary, Karen Hinton, is in a coma.
- Step inside the "SeismoDome" and hear the previously inaudible sounds of earthquakes deep inside the Earth.
- In case you missed it, the Times has a colorful profile on "the last of the New York wigmakers."
- De Blasio is spending the week in Staten Island, which he is largely disliked, as part of his “City Hall in Your Borough” initiative.
- Two burned bodies were found in a torched car outside a Long Island mall.
- A group of musicians want to perform Tchaikovsky’s "1812 Overture" when the old Kosciuszko Bridge is blown up.
- If you're biking to work in this lovely weather, the inimitable Bike Snob has some important tips.
- Today's weather has us itching to 'bobe out:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today