- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- This seems like a pretty accurate headline: "New York Is the Most Politically Toxic Place in America."
- The New Yorker has several must-read stories on the revelation that a company controlled by Michael Cohen was paid millions by companies including AT&T, multinational pharmaceutical firm Novartis, and a company linked to a Russian oligarch named Viktor Vekselberg.
- Cardi B tweeted then deleted comments about the post-Met Gala incident in which her security team beat up an autograph-seeker: "i don’t know what are people’s intentions sooo i Be careful .Why can’t people respect that?"
- Taylor Swift opened up her Reputation tour by throwing shade at Kim Kardashian.
- Police are looking for a man who assaulted a teenager outside a Queens yeshiva and called him a “Jew boy."
- The NY Times on how two crucial MTA decisions pushed the subway into crisis.
- Pilot season is the Hunger Games of the television world.
- Watch Sparkle Hard: The Movie, a 10-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the new Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks album.
- A woman came forward to describe a bad date with disgraced former NY AG Eric Schneiderman.
- And finally, pet raccoons are apparently more needy than dogs:
Early Addition: How The Subway Got So Sluggish
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: