- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A Connecticut dad allegedly left his 7-year-old son locked inside a hot car while he went shopping to teach him a lesson.
- The shuttered Trump Taj Mahal Casino in Atlantic City is holding a liquidation sale, in case you want to turn your apartment into an exact replica of the classiest casino in the history of gambling, and by the way, everyone won so much money gambling there, the amount of winning was just unbelievable.
- An NYPD officer who was suspended after an old video resurfaced showing her encouraging her daughter to use the n-word is now suing the department.
- Top Democrats are demanding that Trump confront Putin about Russia's interference in the presidential election.
- How search algorithms kept a woman from tracking down her younger sister for 14 years.
- Former Breitbart writer and Bannon ally Tera Dahl has exited the National Security Council.
- In an interview with the NY Times, Diddy says he has no problem with Trump.
- Santa Claus was arrested in Maine after a lengthy police chase.
- "That wholesome feeling when you think you are contributing but you really have no idea what you are doing":
That wholesome feeling when you think you are contributing but you really have no idea what you are doing. pic.twitter.com/80JzQKrdkH
— Stuart Rutherford (@doodlewhale) July 4, 2017