- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A Hitler joke made by a teacher has torn apart Friends Seminary in Manhattan.
- After being described in Bob Woodward's new book as unstable, uninformed and having the mental development of "a fifth-or-sixth grader," President Trump renewed his criticisms of current libel laws, which is just the thing someone who is unstable, uninformed, or mentally a fifth grader might do.
- Goop has agreed to pay $145,000 to settle allegations it made unscientific claims about the benefits of three products, including two kinds of vagina eggs.
- Merriam-Webster has added over 800 new words to the dictionary, including tent city, self-harm, TL;DR and GOAT.
- Chuck Klosterman ranks every Van Halen song.
- A former Daily Caller editor, Scott Greer, wrote for white nationalist website Radix under a pseudonym while also working at the Caller, surprising no one.
- Kanye apologized to Drake for all the "negative energy" and "Jedi level" beefing.
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller will reportedly accept some written answers from President Trump on questions about his campaign's involvement in Russia's attacks on our elections.
- Over a dozen men who were in the vicinity of Ground Zero on 9/11 have been stricken with breast cancer.
- Here are some tips on how to make chocolate eclairs, firecrackers, bomb pops and ice cream sandwiches at home.
- A woman is accused of killing her husband by poisoning him with eyedrops...two years after the police said she shot him in the head with the crossbow by accident.
- And finally, help out a friend in need this week:
This is Moose. He’s still learning how to dog 🙄 pic.twitter.com/LlBCDKL4Rp
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) September 5, 2018