- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- How did Funko Pops, toys for adults, become a $686 million business?
- Opera star Plácido Domingo has been accused of decades of sexual harassment.
- Here is something horrible to think about: since Jair Bolsonaro took office in Brazil in January, trees have been disappearing "at a rate of two Manhattans each week."
- Apparently, some people naturally wake up extremely early? And this is what their lives are like.
- This is the most beautiful and pure ad I've seen in a long time.
- Great news: there’s a new 50p coin with Paddington Bear on it, and now I have a reason to go to England.
- It sounds kinda miserable to work for Google, doesn't it.
- Metal shards from a Boeing 787 taking off over Rome rained down "like bullets" on people and homes below.
- Listen to a fantastic new song from Big Thief from their upcoming second album of 2019, Two Hands.
- Violent gangs have made life in El Salvador a living hell.
- This legend tweeted from her smart fridge after her mom took her phone.
- And finally, we're gonna have a real pool party tonight, all right!
the ultimate pool party for shelter dogs
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) August 10, 2019