- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Here's a neat map that lets you check in on the exact location and health of all the new trees that have been planted on NYC streets in recent years.
- The former site of the classic NYC music store Manny’s has been cleared for demolition.
- Have smartphones driven millennials to the brink of a "mental-health crisis"?
- President Trump warned Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto to stop saying publicly that Mexico won't pay for Trump's wall, according to a leaked transcript of their phone conversation.
- Here's a fascinating dispatch from a survivalist summit in Ohio.
- At least eight members of the Trump Bedminster golf club say they heard Trump refer to the White House as "a dump."
- Whales are some of the most socially sophisticated creatures on earth.
- A Chick-fil-A in Florida was absolutely trashed because of cold nuggets.
- Wow, this dinosaur fossil is so well preserved it looks like a statue.
- Cool cat:
— Kevin Fox 🦊 (@kfury) August 2, 2017