- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- These freaky skin-lightening maxipads are coming to America.
- Photos of a Taiwanese shaved pet raccoon have gone viral in China.
- Egypt has suspended eight female television anchors because of their weight.
- How this horrifying photo of a 5-year-old boy from Aleppo has helped call attention to the devastating war on Syria.
- The 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote, was ratified exactly 94 years ago today.
- Administrators at a hospital in London discovered the facility had been infested by 100,000 bees when the walls started dripping honey.
- Apparently Dancing With The Stars wants Simone Biles to be on its next season.
- Truman Capote's ashes will be auctioned off next month, so.
- This amazing interactive map shows the movements every cargo ship on the planet (four years ago).
- And last but not least, this nice kitty would really like to be scratched:
Early Addition: Gorgeous Interactive Map Shows All The Cargo Ships On Earth
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: