- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Maine Gov. Paul LePage is a very bad person and thinks John Lewis should thank Republicans for ending slavery: "John Lewis ought to look at history. It was Abraham Lincoln that freed the slaves ... A simple thank you would suffice."
- There's a new Spoon song and it is, unsurprisingly, great.
- Joe Biden has a lot of regrets about the outcome of the 2016 election, but he still stands by his decision not to run.
- The Times looks back at 30 years of Trump chasing deals in Russia.
- The eight richest men in the world are as wealthy as half the world's population.
- A majority of young Americans fear things will be worse for them under Trump.
- 50 Shades Of Grey: The MUSICAL might be happening.
- Van Jones is not a fan of "data dummies."
- Lady Gaga has some dangerous Super Bowl halftime show plans in mind.
- Remember Weepuls?!?
- Billy Eichner discusses taking celebrities down a peg with Vulture.
- And finally, this pup wants to make snow angels with his owner:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today