- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- It looks like the Grammy Awards are coming back to NYC in 2018 after over a decade on the west coast.
- The man who survived an e-cig exploding in his pocket in Grand Central Terminal last week says "it was the scariest thing that ever happened in my life."
- HIV diagnoses have hit a 35-year-low in NYC, so that's some good news.
- Hamilton has made more money in a single week than any Broadway show in history, so suck on that Donald.
- Many Alaskan residents now face wrenching choices on the front lines of climate change, that hoax perpetrated by China which our next president will do nothing about.
- In other news, Trump's appointment of Tom Price to Health and Human Services probably means the end of Obamacare and loss of health insurance for as many as 4 million people.
- Christ, this is still really happening isn't it?
- Last night I dreamt that Donald Trump was chasing me through a store stocked solely with Trump-branded merchandise. Then I woke up and Trump was still the President-elect. Link?
- At least Taylor Swift fans "have a new destination for unique and never seen videos" and everything is awesome!
- Madison Square Garden is suing a Knicks season ticket holder for over $97,000 for allegedly not paying for the seats.
- Usually Ben puts some adorable animal video here, but today I'd rather share this reminder that an artist respects the silence that serves the foundation of creativity:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today