- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Lt. Col. Alexander S. Vindman, the top Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, told House impeachment investigators that the White House transcript of the July call between Trump and Ukraine’s president omitted crucial words and phrases, and that his attempts to include them failed.
- President Obama had some things to say about cancel culture: “This idea of purity and you’re never compromised and you’re always politically woke, and all that stuff — you should get over that quickly.”
- RIP actor/comedian John Witherspoon.
- National security adviser John Bolton warned U.S. diplomats in June that Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal attorney, could pose an obstacle to improving the White House’s relations with Ukraine.
- When HBO closes the door on one GOT spinoff, they open the door for another: the House Targaryen-focused drama House of the Dragon has been ordered straight to series.
- A woman was surprised when after grieving her dead ex-boyfriend, she found him working in a local restaurant.
- David Simon talked about the allegations against James Franco and how it did or didn't affect the message of The Deuce.
- How does one make a black hole?
- Ten authors discuss times they've tried (and often failed) to write identities outside their own, and how they'd do it differently now.
- TikTok-ers are dancing to audio of their abusive exes' rants.
- And finally, waiiiiit for it:
Early Addition: Barack Obama Calls Out Cancel Culture
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: