- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump can't stop, won't stop publicly attacking law enforcement officials, which is apparently annoying Attorney General Barr enough that there are rumors he's considering resigning (though I wouldn't hold my breath).
- Oh good, someone is making a show just for me: Showtime has given the green light to The Curse, a TV series from the Safdie Brothers and Nathan Fielder. It's about how an alleged curse disturbs the relationship of a newly married couple who star in Flipanthropy, their troubled HGTV show, with Fielder as the husband and Benny Safdie as the producer of the HGTV show.
- Brooklyn rap star Pop Smoke was shot and killed early this morning in what appears to be a home-invasion robbery.
- Here's a delightful profile of the two women behind the New Jersey Twitter account.
- Andrew Yang is taking his talents to CNN as a political commentator.
- This is why Burger King has been proudly advertising a moldy Whopper.
- The Chinese government announced that it would revoke the press credentials of three Wall Street Journal reporters, which the Foreign Correspondent's Club of China called an "unprecedented form of retaliation against foreign journalists in China."
- What is the true, pungent legacy of Axe Body Spray?
- Several new studies have found that new housing can ease rising rents in other buildings close by, but "their verdict is mixed on whether lower-income renters directly benefit from new supply, too."
- A man’s foot was chopped off after he accidentally fell onto the train tracks and got stuck between two subway cars in Brooklyn.
- E. Jean Carroll, the longtime Elle magazine advice columnist who last year accused Donald Trump of raping her, said she has been fired by Elle because of Trump's attacks on her.
- WTF headline of the day: "My Wife Wants Us to Have Sex With Her Brother."
- And finally, so gentle:
Early Addition: Behind The Scenes Of The Official New Jersey Twitter Account
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: