- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The American Time Use Survey, which involves thousands of people tracking how they spend every waking minute of their day, found that during the pandemic, people spent more time sleeping and less time grooming.
- A new poll found that a slight majority of Republicans want Donald Trump, Jr. to be the next president.
- According to a new global study on unemployment caused by the pandemic, Gen Xers were hit the hardest.
- A triathlete from Bermuda won a gold medal yesterday, making Bermuda the smallest country (by population) to ever win gold.
- Bloomingdale's is opening its first location of a tiny, more casual version of itself, called Bloomie's, in Fairfax, Virginia.
- The new work-from-anywhere phenomenon is potentially great news for the 4 million Americans in long-distance marriages.
- The trio from Lonely Island gave GQ an oral history of their 2010 song, "I Just Had Sex," revealing that they're "not big weed guys," but they were stoned when they wrote that one.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis don't bathe their kids with soap every day, which dermatologists agree is the correct move if you don't want to irritate and dry out your kids' skin.
- The Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas threw out the first pitch at a Mets game yesterday — and then "whoopsie-d" outfielder Dominic Smith, who made an error while Casablancas was giving an interview to SNY.
- And finally, a dog getting loved and refreshed at the same time:
Early Addition: Gen Xers Hit Hardest By Pandemic Unemployment
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: