- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Please, please, please Kanye West, name your kid "North" and your next album I Am God.
- What do Twitter, Rosie O'Donnell, Kevin Federline and Johann Sebastian Bach all have in common? It's their birthdays today!
- The man behind the website WhyLeaveAstoria has left Astoria...for California.
- KABOOYOW: watch this instant classic amateur weather report.
- McDonald's has unveiled the succulent Sausage Double Beef Burger...but only in China. We're already having sympathy heart attacks.
- First Moleskin store in America will open in the Time Warner Center.
- It seems Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band may be coming back to tour the US this fall.
- The Gates Foundation wants to give someone $100,000 to reinvent the condom.
- Check out this very cool animated gif that depicts the internet.
- Vulture wants you to appreciate Tina Fey's many different 'dos.
- After a year of denials, a "glamorous Ukranian embezzler" admitted that she stole nearly $1 million while working as the very "personal" assistant to her hedge funder boss.
- And finally, some god damn pets being god damn adorable:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today