- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- What I'm about to write may shock you: Facebook...is...bad.
- Happy 115th Birthday to the Williamsburg Bridge!
- Trump is considering pulling 2,000 US ground troops out of Syria because "we have defeated ISIS in Syria," even though Pentagon officials say that would be a terrible decision and give ISIS a chance to regroup.
- A newly obtained document shows Trump signed a letter of intent to move forward with negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Russia...despite Rudy Giuliani's claim on Sunday that the document was never signed.
- Forget the Mueller investigation, the Flynn sentencing, or Trump's latest gaffe—Fox News wants to talk about how cookies have a gender and "obviously they're men."
- Wait, why are people still arguing about "Baby, It's Cold Outside," haven't we done that?
- Wow, a photo taken atop a tower in Shanghai has an astonishingly high resolution of 195 gigapixels: "It's basically unlimited zoom — to the point where you can clearly see each person's face."
- A former NPR news chief who was ousted amid allegations of sexual harassment and a former Fox News exec who left after writing a racist and anti-gay column are teaming up to launch a digital news startup that I have absolutely no interest in reading.
- So Will Smith most definitely has a look for that upcoming Aladdin live-action film.
- The Raconteurs have released their first new songs in over a decade, take a listen.
- The Washington Post reports that a generation of African-American heroin users are dying in the opioid epidemic no one is talking about.
- Vice went on a journey to try to understand how old everyone on Seinfeld was supposed to be.
- And finally, this short film is titled, "Two Doggies Gettin' The Paper:"
Look at these two cuties.
: 📹: goldies.archieandloki pic.twitter.com/iTnJexAnxa
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) December 18, 2018