- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump's executive order on asylum-seeking family separations doesn't help the 2,300 kids who were already separated from their families, and it seeks to illegally detain immigrant families indefinitely.
- As Samantha Bee said on Full Frontal last night, "Baby jails are the worst possible thing, but mommy-and-me jails are a close second."
- Even more shocking: Trump’s zero tolerance policy is creating "a zombie army of children forcibly injected with medications that make them dizzy, listless, obese and even incapacitated, according to legal filings that show immigrant children in U.S. custody subdued with powerful psychiatric drugs."
- The lobster boom is about to become a lobster bust.
- A protester called Stephen Miller a fascist when he spotted him at a Mexican restaurant in DC yesterday.
- A former food cart inspector for the NYC Parks department talks about the weirdest and wildest things they saw on the job.
- Koko, the gorilla who mastered sign language, has died in her sleep at age 46.
- Rolling Stone has a deep dive into the myriad financial troubles of wine-sloshed Johnny Depp.
- Petty Nextdoor postings both give me life AND give some insights into America today.
- Why do people in movies still not understand how to talk on the phone?
- The Phillie Phanatic injured a fan with a hot dog cannon.
- And finally, Chloe knows what she did:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today