- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A Queens landlord is sorry for sending a letter to tenants threatening to evict anyone who couldn't prove their citizenship.
- The Mexican government has been using sophisticated spyware to monitor human rights lawyers, journalists and anti-corruption activists.
- Outgoing Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz doesn’t “see much difference between the Trump administration and the Obama administration.”
- An interview with Geng Le, a Chinese gay rights activist who will be a grand marshal in Sunday’s gay pride march.
- A teenager competing in a mountain trail running race in Alaska was fatally mauled by a black bear on Sunday.
- How Amazon turned into an empire.
- David Remnick wonders who, if anyone, in the White House will turn against Trump.
- The NY Times has some suggestions for selling or donating your wedding dress.
- Alan Hanson covered Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop wellness summit and walked away with "a 15 pound swag bag of lies."
- Giant Balloon June continues...
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today