- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Find out which mayoral candidates have smoked weed, and which ones refused to answer the question.
- An apprentice of Jiro Ono of Sushi Firo is opening a place in the Village.
- A zoo in China tried to pass off a dog as an African lion.
- Selfies are alienating you from your peers.
- As it turns out, Fresco Fiasco helped with this little town's tourism.
- Lindsay Lohan will appear on Eastbound and Down, hopefully as Kenny Powers's grown daughter.
- A woman legitimately elected to city council in Iran has been disqualified for being "too sexy."
- Cops handing out Doritos instead of fines at pot fest in Seattle.
- A man was fatally struck by the 3 train at 116th Street station.
- A new study found that Facebook is closely related to declines in happiness.
- And finally, this puppy is endlessly amused by a door stop:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today